Back to writing

I've been reading some posts on a blog I really like, Big Girl Bombshell and it is inspiring me to get back to writing more consistently. I do a LOT of reading, but there comes a point where I get stagnant, like a pond with no outlet, and my thinking starts to stink. So I am pledging to myself to write something here every day, even if it's a sentence.
One thing that I have had issues with is thinking about the reader while I'm writing. I have to keep in mind that the writing is for me, first and foremost, because I need to write it. When someone reads it and gets something out of it, that is icing on the cake.
I am working through A Course in Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson and it is really the most helpful tool I've found in a long time to really dig deep into my mind and heart about why I do some of the things I do, and then provides ways to deal with those things in the future. The exercises are seriously serious and Marianne does not hold back in helping me face myself and my fears, which is what I desperately need right now.
 Personally, when I read Women, Food, and God, I felt like I was left hanging. I related to the book and most everything in it. But I am a person who needs to DO something with new-found knowledge. I needed the follow-up of the Course to take me further down the path to myself.
Thanks, Jules, for getting me up and writing again! You are an inspiration!

1 comments:

Jules said...

Cindy..YOU made MY morning. That is EXACTLY why I write. I hope that my stories inspire others to find their own path. I had not heard of Marianne's book..only the course in miracles. Just keep writing...your answers will come! You just have to believe!

Post a Comment